Community Grants is part of the European Social Fund (ESF) programme which is distributing small grants of between £5,000 and £15,000 in the Humber, East Riding, York and North Yorkshire region. The fund was commissioned through the Education and Skills Fund Agency (ESFA).
The aim of the fund is to help unemployed people progress towards employment through access to learning and training opportunities delivered by not for profit organisations in the heart of predominantly disadvantaged communities.
October 1, 2016 - March 31, 2019
Humber Learning Consortium
£1.67m investment through the Humber ESIF Programme and a further £1m from YNYER LEP which includes additional funding for the East Riding of Yorkshire.
To end of Oct 2018, the programme has supported 2,205 participants across the Humber. This includes:
- 207 participants supported into employment
- 350 participants supported into voluntary work
- 45 participants supported into self-employment
- 2,187 undertaking qualifications or learning modules with 1,954 achieving the qualification
- 176 participants progressing into further learning/education
Business case approved
StartedView project homepage