The Manufacturing Growth Programme (MGP) provides free advice and support to manufacturing SMEs to make improvements by identifying, understanding and removing the barriers affecting their business. The programme includes:
- An independent strategic business review with honest broker
- Detailed growth report that identifies strength and weaknesses
- Support to identify challenges and barriers to growth that drive change
- Support to help drive the completion of projects on time
- Access to grants to subsidise the cost of improvement projects
- Guidance and support to access other support mechanisms
- Service Delivery review
- Contract Directly with expert
It provides free advice and co-funded grant support to manufacturing SMEs to help them:
- Identify opportunities and create plans for improvement and growth
- Work with the best external experts to implement those plans
- Cover 35% of the cost of implementing the plans through a growth/improvement grant (up to £3,500 max)
- Connect to wider support to maximise opportunities for growth
SMEs are guided through the process by a dedicated Manufacturing Growth Manager.
November 1, 2016 - September 30, 2019
Economic Growth Solutions
£372,019 ERDF funding through the Humber ESIF allocation with a further £186,010 match funding. Total investment – £558,029.
This investment is part of the wider MGP, a £9.2m ERDF funded programme working with SME businesses in the West Midlands; Yorkshire and Humber and parts of the East Midlands and East of England.
To October 2018, the MGP has provided grants totalling £285,278 to 172 SMEs in the Humber through the Humber’s ESIF Allocation.
A further 107 SMEs have been supported using YNYER and GLLEP ESIF allocations in our overlapping LEP areas, with additional grants totalling £171,664.
Business case approved
StartedView project homepage