Why Hull and East Yorkshire?
The Hull and East Yorkshire region has a unique set of selling points – all of which make it an excellent choice for inward investment into the UK and an extremely cost-effective location to operate and grow a business.
A gateway to Europe and beyond, centrally located on the East Coast of the UK we are ideally placed for businesses to import and export feedstocks and final products through our ports, which have now been designated as Freeport areas. With highly efficient supply chains in place, complemented by an industrial workforce adept at working shifts and operating to the highest H&S regimes, we represent a location of choice for the manufacturing sector.
We know how valuable your time is and so we have concentrated on de-risking your investment decisions by making the investment process as seamless and timely as possible.
We are leading the UK by piloting a new approach to accelerating decisions on major planning applications and have large tracts of Enterprise Zone land already allocated for large scale developments.
The Humber has rightly been named the Energy Estuary, but that’s only part of the story. We do have some of the largest power generators in the UK, but the future is even more attractive as we transition to a low carbon economy. This transition, which is happening right now (we have the largest offshore wind farms off our coast), will bring huge opportunities for businesses who want to take advantage of greener sustainable private wire power solutions.
In Hull and East Yorkshire we have…
- A varied and resilient economy from creative media to advanced manufacturing
- A well-defined business support ecosystem that puts your needs centre stage
- 21st century space for businesses to grow
- Home to the largest enterprise zones in the country
- The region is blessed with large areas of outstanding natural beauty with fantastic leisure opportunities
- We’re good value – Business rents are circa 30% lower than the UK average with competitively priced land and homes a consequence of our low living costs
- We’re a place that is constantly transforming through new developments
- Time and cost-effective infrastructure links to UK and the rest of Europe
- We are home to the first ultrafast broadband connected city (Hull), with plans to further roll out to more rural and coastal communities
- Knowledge rich universities and training providers, with a range of unique and world class specialist training and research facilities operating locally.
Though we welcome enquiries from businesses of all kinds and sizes, whether based in the UK or internationally, we are focused as a LEP on these key sectors:
- Energy and renewables
- Ports and logistics
- Food processing
- Chemical and process industries
- Advanced manufacturing
- Visitor economy
Our support services
Whether you’re based in the UK or overseas, HEY LEP are available to support you if you’re considering basing your business in the Hull or East Yorkshire region.
We will work with you to:
- Provide the facts and figures to support your business case
- Find the right commercial property or investment location for your business
- Help you navigate the planning system through a dedicated project team approach
- Information on and assistance with obtaining grants & finance
- Provide general sector support and intelligence
If you would like to find out how we can help you carry out your business in HEY LEP area, please contact our Business Development Manager, Phil Glover, on firstname.lastname@example.org. All of our services are complimentary, confidential and tailored to your needs.