The HEY LEP is committed to operating in a transparent way so that anyone can understand what we do, the decisions we make and how we make them.
Links are provided below to some of the key information you can find on this website.
- As a new LEP representing Hull and East Yorkshire, we are currently developing a new economic strategy, which will guide the economic direction of our region. The previous Humber LEP’s Strategic Economic Plan is available here.
- Find out about the roles of each of our Boards, who is represented on them and the view the minutes/papers from their meetings. Agendas and papers for the LEP Board and sub-boards are published five working days before meetings; draft minutes within 10 working days; and the final minutes within 10 working days of approval.
- View our register of interests
- View our register of expenses for the LEP Chair and Deputy Chair.
- View our gifts and hospitality register
- See who makes up the LEP’s team of staff and what they do
- View our policies
- Find out how to contact us, including how to make a Freedom of Information Act request
- View all of our expenditure from £0.01 up, month by month (via our accountable body, Hull City Council) and our accountable body’s full accounts.
- View the accounts and annual returns for HEY LEP LTD at Companies House
- We will publish our first Annual Review in 2022, it will summarise what we achieved in the preceding year 2021/22
Our Assurance Framework sets out in more detail how we make decisions. It is a comprehensive document which is reviewed annually to ensure it is compliant with the Government’s National Assurance Framework for LEPs.
Each year LEPs issue a statement on the status of governance and transparency, the first statement for the HEY LEP can be found here APR 22-23 Annex C – Governance Assurance Statement SIGNED FINAL
The Chair and Chief Operating Officer regularly attend Hull City Council Scrutiny Commission meetings. Our Chair James Newman attended the Overview and Scrutiny Committee Management meeting on 07 June 2021 and our Chief Operating Officer Teresa Chalmers attended the Economic Regeneration Committee Overview and Scrutiny Committee meeting on 24 June 2021 and 7th February 2022. The Overview and Scrutiny Commissions provide a check and balance on the Council’s and partners decision making processes, review policies suggesting developments and improvements and monitor performance and delivery of services by the Council and its partners. Further details about the work of each Committee can be found here.
East Riding of Yorkshire Council – Environment & Regeneration Overview & Scrutiny Committee on 7th November 2021
A review of LEPs is now underway, with Hull and East Yorkshire LEP playing a leading role in shaping the future and a decision is expected on this shortly.
Projects, investments and incentives
- Browse the projects we support
- View the list of businesses we have supported to grow with a grant or loan
- Find out how to get support for your business from our schemes or our partners
- View the funding opportunities we currently have available
Our tendering process
We welcome feedback on how we exercise our commitment to transparency and we are always keen to make improvements. If you are looking for something that isn’t here, or you would like us to publish information in a different way, please contact us.