This year we are holding two key Humber Business Week events on the morning of Thursday 7 June:
- The Humber LEP AGM (0745-0930)
- The Future Summit (0930-1130)
You can find out about both events on this page and register for free.
About the events
The Humber LEP AGM
Join us for breakfast to hear from LEP Chair Lord Haskins and board members about the LEP’s work over the last year and plans for the future. Find out how our economy is performing compared to others, what projects are being delivered on the ground and what new support is coming this year for businesses.
Partners from around the Humber are working together to improve our region’s skills, infrastructure and business environment. With Government planning to strengthen the role of LEPs, this is your chance to discuss your priorities with decision-makers and get involved with the LEP’s work.
The Future Summit
The Humber is experiencing record economic performance, beating national trends. The Energy Estuary strategy has paid off, but what’s next? How can we continue the momentum we have?
This year the Humber LEP is developing an ambitious new plan to build on our region’s success, led by businesses.
Join major industry figures at this landmark event to discuss the megatrends that will shape our economy, the new opportunities that lie ahead, and what we will all have to do to capitalise on them.
Speakers for The Future Summit will include:
– Lord Haskins, Chair Humber LEP
– Lee Hopley, Chief Economist, EEF
– Alan Johnson
– Benj Sykes, Vice President, Head of Programme Asset Management and UK Country Manager, Ørsted
– Clark MacFarlane, UK Managing Director, Siemens Gamesa
– Darren Cunningham, Lead Executive UK & General Manager Humber Refinery, Phillips 66
– Paul Martin, Deputy Chief Executive, British Steel
– Jay Brooks, Site Director Industrial Parks, PX Group
– Professor Susan Lea, Vice Chancellor, University of Hull
– Nigel Brewster, Vice Chair, Sheffield City Region LEP
– Henri Murison, Director, Northern Powerhouse Partnership
Getting to the venue
Both events are being held at the new Doubletree by Hilton Hull, part of the Humber Enterprise Zone. Access is via the dedicated entrance to the conference centre on Portland Place.
The venue is a short walk from Paragon Interchange. If you are travelling by car, we recommend using one of the nearby city centre car parks as there is very limited parking on the hotel site. The nearest car parks are at St Stephen’s Square, St Stephen’s shopping centre, Pryme Street and the Prospect Centre.